SENIOR RECRUITMENT CONSULTANT - SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
CONTRACTS MANAGER – PERMANENT POSITION - MIDLANDS
The Contracts Manager role is a critical role for our client, an internationally recognised leader in Fire Protection Systems. Responsible for ensuring accurate planning, resourcing, labour hire and progress reporting of our client’s construction projects. This role is based in their Mullingar Headquarters. This is a fast-paced environment, and the role will suit a candidate who has outstanding planning and organisational skills. This role will develop and change as a result of changing business needs, this role will suit a highly ambitious individual with an interest in operations/ project management processes. This role will have the Design & Project leads, Contracts Coordinator and Installation Supervisors reporting directly to them.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Working with project leads & engineers and site-based teams, accurately forecasting, and executing resources on projects
• Liaise with Commercial & Service departments from tendering through to commissioning stage of projects to ensure smooth handover of contract to all relevant internal teams. Review on a weekly basis that all contract progress is completed and in line with budgets/project expectations.
• Point of contact for Operations and identify the issues they have, caused by Projects team and work with them to resolve.
• Champion and assist monitoring of Quality processes for the projects.
• Lead and track performance of all direct reports.
• Manage all external sub-contractors and monitor quality/costs associated with them. Manage onboarding of new subcontractor/hires, negotiate terms and conditions. Continue the management of subcontractors/hires, monitoring the quality or work/costs associated with them.
• Manage all external contract hire.
• Schedule and monitor all direct reports workload to ensure they are all following the program, their own KPIs and managing their own teams accordingly.
• Manage the contract programs and progress reporting on inhouse systems. Monitor the overall execution of contracts and set up/facilitate meetings to ensure contracts are on track in conjunction with Site Supervisor, Project Engineer/Lead and Manufacturing Manager.
• Review that all purchasing items for jobs are being purchased on time and meeting project milestones.
• Monitor All Feeback from App from Installation and Design - Action all feedback and/or delegate accordingly.
• Lead the Employee Review reporting and preparation process for Design & Project Leads, Contracts Coordinator & Installation teams
• Monitor All Design Audits and drive team "corrective actions".
• Ensure that all contracts are planned a minimum 8 weeks in advance
• Run and manage the planning meeting each week, in line with Project needs/client expectations.
3+ years’ experience as a Project Manager over multiple projects
Degree or Diploma in Project Management or equivalent demonstrable experience
Skilled communicator with a demonstrated ability to collaborate with key areas of the business and customers.
Strong commercial awareness
Ability to thrive under pressure, working with tight project deadlines, whilst maintaining adherence to process disciplines.
Must be responsible, personable, detail oriented, and self-motivated with solid organization and time management skills and a strong focus on planning.
Fluent in English is a requirement for this role.