- Posted 09 November 2023
Territory Manager – Critical Care
Excellent opportunity to join one of Ireland's leading Medical Device distribution companies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Promotion and selling a range of products which are Global Leaders to Irish Hospitals. The sales territory will be the Republic of Ireland, mainly Leinster.
• Developing excellent business relationships with all of our customers is a key element of the role.
• Demonstrate the highest professional standards at all times when representing the company and its principles.
• Have intimate knowledge of territory and competitors which results in a high level of business management on territory.
• Increase overall sales volume of products with high sales calls rates within a designated regional territory by attaining or exceeding established sales objectives.
• Provide feedback to your line manager relating to your territory strategy, customer status and competitor activities before 1pm each Monday.
• Comply with all company procedures as outlined in the Induction Pack.
• Ensure compliance with Company ethical, business standards & policies and at all times maintaining & sustaining the company’s integrity.
• Have an excellent working knowledge of all promoted products.
• Implement sales strategy and plans to increase sales and market share.
• Responsible for appropriate investment of budget expenditure which results in return on investment.
• Provide positive and constructive collaboration & communication with both internal & external customers.
• Work closely with manager to an agreed journey cycle plan.
• Identify and follow up on business potential and opportunities including organising and running meetings.
Timely and accurate fulfilment of Sales Administration duties:
• Contribute to the marketing activities surrounding promotional material, activities and programmes.
• Active participation in company devised training programmes and input into their formulation.
• Ability to work to deadlines and achieve outlined objectives.
• Expenses Reporting within guidelines outlined in company policy.
• Sales Call Reporting as outline by manager.
• Telephone contact with Line Manager.
• Due care and diligence of all company assets.
• Update customer data base as necessary.
• Special team assignments as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Educated to third level or equivalent standard.
• Goal orientated, independent and commercially driven.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Organizational skills.
• Strong presentation skills
• Ability to learn and retain product specific information as it pertains to the position.
• Computer literate with knowledge of word processing applications and Excel spreadsheets.
Competencies for the Role
Customer Focus and Quality
• Shows a commitment to superior customer service
• Always maintains professional appearance when meeting with customers and representing the company
• Anticipates and meets the need of clients
Communication & Interpersonal Skills
• Makes clear and convincing oral presentations to individuals or groups.
• Listens effectively and clarifies information as needed.
• All required documentation is completed in a clear, convincing and organized manner and by agreed deadline.
Decision Making and Judgement
• Exercises good judgment by making sound and well-informed decisions
• Perceives the impact and implications of decisions
• Weighs the pros and cons of each option before making a decision and moving forward
• Can explain the rationale for a decision
Planning & Organizing
• Ensures that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in a timely manner
• Focuses on results and uses relevant data to ensure optimum outcomes are reached
• Is well organised, maintains effective personal filing, scheduling and planning systems
• Effectively balances personal life and work
Technical Skills/Product Knowledge
• Understands and appropriately applies procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise
• Learns the functions, purposes, and limitations of new equipment, and practices using it.
• Communicate regularly with all members of assigned territory team.
• Consistently develops and sustains cooperative working relationships.
• Helps teammates who need or ask for support or assistance.
• Works well on own initiative or as part of a team.
• Full Clean Driving Licence.
• Willingness to travel with overnight stays.